This is by far one of my cherished and most favorite recipes. I could honestly eat this every single day. It is so fresh and bright and you will know exaclty what I mean on your first bite. It comes together pretty effortlessly and it is great for a quick week night meal or a Sunday night meal with the family or friends.
This recipe works great with any cut of pasta. If I am using a short cut, hollow pasta, I will double the sauce recipe so it can get in all the nooks, crannies, and crevices. My mouth is seriously watering.
If you decide to make this, please send me photos or post them online using the hashtag #biteswithbren. I would love to see them!
Lemon Pasta with Garlic Basil Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes| Cook Time: 25 minutes| Servings: 4
4 gloves of garlic, thinly-sliced
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1in pieces
1 lb spaghetti or (bucatini, linguini, fettuccini)
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp
5 tbsp butter
The juice from two lemons and the zest from one
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for topping
1/2 cup of the pasta water
1/2 cup frozen peas
8 basil leaves, roughly chopped or ribboned
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook according to package. Make sure you reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Once the pasta is drained, I like to place it in a bowl and toss it with a touch of olive oil and cover with tin foil.
2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and cook until light golden brown and crispy. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove and let cool on a paper towel lined plate.
3. In the same skillet as the garlic, add the diced chicken breasts. Cook about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile, in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat, add the butter and remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil. Whisk until the butter has melted. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, heavy cream, and Parmesan Cheese. Whisk together.
5. Add the 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the skillet with the lemon sauce and whisk. Let simmer for approximately 5-7 minutes, whisking occasionally. With two minutes remaining, add peas to the sauce.
6. Pour the sauce over the pasta and add the chicken. Toss.
7. Plate the pasta and crumble some of the crispy garlic chips over the plate and garnish with a basil ribbons and more Parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply